I recently went to a wedding and decided to do a kind of Hollywood glamour look with winged liner teamed with my favourite red lippy at the moment which is No7′s “Love Red”, but more on that later
For the eyeshadow, I went for a shimmery beige on the lid with a contour of mid to dark brown on my socket line and then a classic black winged gel liner topped with my favourite Ardell Demi Wispie lashes.
Perfect Winged Liner in 6 easy steps:
Winged liner can be a tricky one but here are a few tips to master it:
- Use a smooth gel liner such as Maybelline black gel liner and a good liner brush or angle brush. The Inglot liner brush is my favourite.
- Trace the line on three quarters of your lashline, don’t worry if it’s not even, you can tidy it up later.
- With your eyes open, draw your line on the inner part of the eye.
- Outline your flick at the end, extending up from your lower lashline and pointing towards the end of your eyebrow. Open your eyes to see where you placed the flick on one side then looking straight into a mirror follow on the other side. If you make a mistake, use a pointed cotton bud dipped in non-oily eye makeup remover to clean up the lines on each side.
- Bring the line from the edge of the flick back in to meet the thickest part of your liner and smooth out the line with black eyeshadow on an angle brush if you want it looking nice and even.
- Apply Mascara and false lashes to really elongate the eyes and add the “cat eye” effect.
Top Tip: If you find it really hard to get the placement of the liner matching on each side, use a flesh coloured eye pencil (Rimmel now do a great one) to trace the lines until you’re confident that they’re lined up perfectly on each side then trace over with black liner for even flicks on both sides!
No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick in “Love Red”
This is the colour I am wearing above. It’s a gorgeous true red colour that looks really well on either pale or darker complexions. It’s also a blue based red so it really makes your teeth look whiter too! I found this extremely long lasting as well, I only had to top up a couple of times during the night despite eating, drinking and chatting :-) It is definitely one of my favourites at the moment. The cost is €12 and it’s available from all Boots stores.
Do you like this look? Let me know in the comments below :-) Also let me know if there is any particular makeup you would like to perfect and I’ll do a post on it to help you out!