Creator of Madison Makeup and owner of the Cosmetic Outlet Paul, had been telling me about this fab brush set he was bringing out for a while so I was delighted when I finally got my hands on a set just before Christmas. I tested them out all over the festive season and was impressed with the quality I have to say.
There are 7 brushes, made with natural & synthetic hair, which come in a handy leather case so they are easy to store and carry with you for travelling.
The brushes included are:
1. Large Powder Brush – This is my fave brush, it’s so soft and applies powder perfectly to set your makeup without irritating your skin.
2. Flat Foundation Brush – This one applies foundation well and gives a nice even coverage.
3. Duo Fiber Buffing Brush – This brush is comparable to the MAC 188 brush as it is made of natural and synthetic fiber which helps to really buff foundation into the skin and give an airbrushed finish. I also love this for applying cream or powder blush. You can even use it to set your makeup with powder. I love this fantastic multi-functional brush and think it’s an absolute must-have.
4. Large Eye Shader Brush – This applies a wash of powder shadow all over the lid and is an essential brush for applying eye makeup.
5. Small Eye Shader Brush – This one gives a more precise application of shadow and helps concentrate and build up the colour on one part of the eyelid.
6. Angle Eyeshadow Brush – This brush is used for applying colour in the outer part of the eye and into the crease. It does a good job of placing the colour but since it’s angled, it can’t really blend it too much, you would need a more rounded fluffy brush but it’s still a good one to have.
7. Lip Brush – This is a nice firm brush that applies lipstick or lipgloss well.
I really like this brush set and think it would be great for someone starting out using makeup. The price of this set is a very reasonable €29.99 which is well worth it for a 7 piece brush set. I would definitely add some of these brushes to my own kit and I really like how slick they look with the plain black colour :-)
Also, if you’re stuck for a gift idea, these would make a great present.
You can buy the Madison Brush Set at The Cosmetic Outlet in Dublin (check out their Facebook Page here for details)
Will you be picking up a set?