There’s no time like Christmas/New Years Eve to bring out the sparkle so this makeup tutorial will add a bit of bling to any party look. I did a glitter/brown eye with glossy wine lips that’s just perfect for the party season. If you prefer to just play up the eyes, you can also wear a nude coloured lippie with this that will look equally as fab
Here is the same look with a nude lip:
These are the products I used:
Foundation: Bourjois Healthy Mix
Concealer: MAC Select Cover up concealer which is great for the under eye area as its got a lovely creamy consistency
Blush: Inglot AMC Face Blush in 87 which is a lovely liquid blush that gives a beautiful glow to your skin
Eyes step by step:
- First I applied Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo cream eyeshadow in Eternal Gold all over my eyelid
- I then took Collection 2000 Glam Crystals glitter eyeliner in 03 Funk (a gorgeous gold glitter) and applied it all over my eyelid up to just before the crease of my eyelid for an amazing sparkly look
- Then I shaded in the crease with a mixture of Kid and Cork Eyeshadows from MAC
- I lined my eyes with Maybelline Eye Studio black Gel Eyeliner which I winged out for a more dramatic effect
- Finally I applied Benefit They’re Real! Mascara to my top and bottom lashes and for even more glamour, I added false lashes 🙂
The great thing about using the glitter eyeliner rather than loose glitter is that it stays put and doesn’t end up all over your face the way the loose glitter does and although Collection 2000 is a budget brand their glitter eyeliners (which don’t have to be used as eyeliners!) are such good quality and they’re only €3.49 so you can pick up a few colours and use them in the same way as above using matching coloured cream eyeshadow underneath.
Moving onto the lips, I used the following for the Wine lip:
- I lined the lip in with Rimmel 1000 kisses lipliner in 063 Black Tulip
- Then I went over this with MAC Cremesheen Glass in Colour Saturation from the Christmas lipgloss collection
For the Nude lip this is what I used:
- First I lined my lips with Boots No7 Lipliner in Nude
- I then applied Rimmel Kate Moss Collection lipstick in 03 which is just the perfect Nude shade
- I then applied NARS Lipgloss in Orgasm which is a lovely Nudey-coral colour with a gold shimmer to it but you can leave this out or use a clear gloss if you want.
And that’s your party makeup done! Will you try this look? What kind of makeup do you think is perfect for the party season? Let me know in the comments below 🙂
Oh and please excuse the state of my eyebrows, I left it too close to Christmas to book in for a wax and this is the result unfortunately will probably have to do a quick pluck myself til I can get an appointment at my regular Salon but that’s never the same as a good wax!