I’m always asked what my favourite eyelashes are to use and to be honest, I like a good few of them depending on the look I’m going for. I don’t tend to wear them during the day but they are a must if I’m on a night out. They can be fiddly to apply but with a bit of practice you can easily put them yourself. Here are a few tips
- To start you need to have a small nail scissors to hand as well as a tweezers, some Duo glue, and some black eyeliner
- Once you remove the lashes from the packaging, put them on your own lashes to measure and if they go past your natural lashline or too far into your inner corner, they are too long and need to be trimmed. I always find that most lashes do need a slight trim to fit or else they irritate your eyes and look wrong
- Apply the glue to the back of your hand, pick some up with the blunt top end of your tweezers and run it along the lash band until it’s all covered in a thin line of glue. Wait a few seconds for the glue to become tacky. Wipe off any glue that’s on the top of your tweezers.
- Look down into a mirror and apply the lashes holding them with a tweezers downwards on top of your own lashes
- Tuck in both ends and adjust until they are neatly on. Use the blunt end of your tweezers to press the lashes into place.
- Don’t worry about the white glue showing at this stage, that will dry clear.
- When the glue is dry, go over the band with black eyeliner to conceal it even more.
- Ta da! Flutter your lovely long lashes at everyone who looks at you!
These are some of my favourites and you can get them in most Boots and Penneys stores:
The i-Envy ones are only €3 in Penneys!
The Ardell ones I got in Salon Services but you can also get these in Boots they just come in different packaging, my faves are the Wispies & Demi Wispies and they around €7. The Double Up ones are exactly that, 2 pairs of lashes together for a super dramatic look!
The MAC lashes above are the No 4’s , I also like the No 7’s and the corner lashes – No 20 are my absolute favourite for a natural look and are very easy to apply if you’re only starting to apply lashes yourself as you only apply them to your outer corners. They are all €12.
The Salon System Natralashes are lovely and I would wear these ones for nights out or the Eyelure Naturalites in 107 are the same and you can get these in Boots.
The individual ones can be tricky to apply to yourself but it just takes patience and a steady hand. I mostly use these for my bridal clients as they are so natural looking and give such a beautiful wide eyed effect. You can get similar to these in Boots for around €7-8 also.
If you’re on a budget or wear lashes every day, I’d highly recommend these lashes below from Penneys.
And the best bit? They are only €1.50!!! You can’t go wrong for that price, although the glue that comes with them is rubbish, but I always throw away the glue that comes with any box of lashes and use my Duo glue anyway. You can buy the Duo glue in MAC or Inglot for around €10 and it lasts for ages.
I also have to mention these ones from Girls Aloud which are really fab! My faves are Kimberley and Nadine ones below.
What are your favourite lashes? Let me know in the comments below 🙂