Something for the weekend? How about some quick and easy curls that’ll take less than 10 minutes to do and is easy peasy! A girl in work told me about this and it’s definitely the best hair tip I’ve ever gotten so I thought I’d share it here.
Now, I am NOT a hairdresser but anyone can do this, it’s so simple. It’s probably best to do it the day after you washed your hair but if that’s not possible, just put mousse in your wet hair before you dry it so it’ll hold the curl better.
- A hairbrush or tail comb
- A can of Hairspray
- Some clear elastics are the best to use here (You can get these in Penny’s/Primark for next to nothing)
- A ceramic curling wand certainly works best but any type of tongs or curler could work too
- Section your hair into 3 ponytails, you don’t have to be very neat (I certainly wasn’t here!) but just make sure they are even. Spray each ponytail with hairspray.
- Section each ponytail in 2 and wrap each section around the curling wand, leave for a few seconds and release. Try to curl away from the face for the front sections and alternate curling directions for the other sections at the back. When you’ve done all give them another blast of hairspray and leave them to cool (move onto your makeup or something).
- Pull the elastics out, (you don’t have to be gentle doing this, the curls will bounce back) and run your fingers through the curls to break them up. Blast your hair with another bit of hairspray for good measure and “Juge” it up at the roots and there you go, easy quick curls!
You can backcomb your crown section to give it a bit of height and then go round the top section of your hair curling around 4 random bits if you want, that doesn’t take too long either and gives it a good effect if you are going out.
I will also put up a going out makeup tutorial post, so check back for that & let me know below if you’d try this. 🙂