You should all know by now how much I love my glitter so when Christmas/New Year comes around it’s a great excuse to get sparkly! I got the Naked 3 palette and one of the MAC Pigment sets for Christmas this year so I decided use them in a look which would be perfect for New Years Eve. If you don’t fancy using the glitter or don’t have it you can leave it out and it’ll still look perfect.
I have to say that I really like the Naked 3 Palette, I have the original Naked 1 but I love that this new one is completely different and I’m in love with the pinky toned colours.
Here’s what I used:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
MAC Dainty Blush
The Body Shop Shimmer Waves highlighter
Rimmel Eastend Snob Lipliner
MAC Dazzleglass Lipgloss
- From the Naked 3 Palette, I took the colour “Darkside” and with a flat shader brush, I pressed it into the outer and inner corner of my eyes leaving the middle section free of any colour.
- I used a MAC 217 blending brush with a tiny bit of “Limit” on it, and swept it in the crease to blend the darker colours together in the crease only.
- I intensified the darker colours in the inner and outer corner even more with “Blackheart”
- I then took the colour “Buzz” on a MAC 239 shader brush and pressed it into the middle of my lid where there was no colour. I also added a bit of “Dust” on top for some shimmer.
- I ran a small bit of “Blackheart” on my lower lashline also
- Finally, I lined my eyes with my trusty Maybelline Gel Liner (I put it in my waterline also) and lashed on a coat of my Lancome Doll Eyes Mascara
Now as I said, you can totally leave it there but if you’re feeling a bit adventurous then read on….!
I popped on a bit of LA Splash glitter glue on the centre of my lid and using my MAC 239 brush I pressed on a Pink glitter from the MAC Nocturnals Pigments. It’s the 3’rd one down in the pic above. I only applied the glitter to the centre of my lid, on top of the lightest shadow, leaving the dark parts free of glitter.
And that’s it, simple!
I’d highly recommend the Naked 3 palette and I will do more tutorials using it and same for the MAC pigments. These are fab, I always try to get them when they come out at Christmas and I really love these colours because they are all completely wearable.
I will try to add up another tutorial tomorrow so keep an eye out. Have a very Happy New Year guys and thanks for reading my blog and giving me feedback both here and on Facebook & Twitter XX
Will you try this look out? Let me know below 🙂