Inspired by the fact that I just don’t have as much time as I used to for applying makeup, I decided to share my makeup routine with you and the products I am using a lot lately 🙂 This is a great look for if you want to look bright and glowing or just presentable for work and you don’t have much time.
Also, because the real trick to applying makeup is the tools you use – your brushes – I’ve listed just a few of my faves and why I love them for super quick but precise makeup application.
It might seem like a lot of products and steps but I promise you I have this down to literally, 5 minutes so with practice and the right tools, it can be done! Of course you can swap some products for ones you already have or leave some out that you definitely wouldn’t use but here’s what I use and how I apply it:
Using these products together will give you a lovely glow and hide any dark circles or signs of tiredness!
1. Apply a thin layer of Boots Botanics Radiance Balm to your face using your fingers, this gives a lovely glow to your skin.
2. Right now I’m loving BB creams because when the weather is a bit warmer they also double up as sunscreen and this Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector is my favourite since it is an oil free formula (I have oily/combo skin but they also do a hydrating one for dry skin) & it has an SPF of 20 which is great. Of course you can use your regular foundation too if you’d prefer and mix it with the radiance balm for a dewy finish. Just apply with your fingers for a quick application or a foundation brush if you have a bit more time.
3. Dab some Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in a semi-circle under your eyes and using your ring finger, pat it in gently and evenly from the corner of your nose to the outside of your cheekbone. This one is great for reflecting light and brightening up your under eye area.
4. Lightly load your powder brush with Catrice All Matt Plus Powder and dust gently down your T-Zone only as you don’t want the skin to have a matte finish, it needs to have a glow but ensure your base lasts the day. Give a quick swipe under each eye to set your concealer too.
5. This is optional, but if you want you can use a bronzer lightly all over the face or on your neck to blend the foundation to your skin. Also if you like a bit of contouring this Bourjois Mat Illusion bronzer is perfect for that and looks really natural, this one is a definite favourite of mine 🙂
1. This Smashbox Full Exposure Palette is a great one to have for doing your makeup in a hurry. It has every neutral brown colour you could possibly need and the brush that comes with it is just fantastic, you will get great use from it which is a bonus! I mostly use the first 3 colours on the bottom and I add the top middle colour to my lids for a bit of shimmer! Also, when applied with an angle brush (like the one in the Real Techniques kit below) you can use the matte black shade as an eyeliner, you just literally press it along the lashline with the angle brush and it’s much easier than using a pencil I find. You can also wet the brush for more intensity and staying power. I love, love LOVE this versatile palette 🙂
2. If you’re not too confident with eyeshadow or just want something super quick, you can’t go wrong with a MAC Paintpot. There is a good range of colours and you can literally pop them on with your finger and blend away the edges, job done! I know they are pricey, but they’re worth it cos they last and don’t crease like some others.
3. Eyebrows are really important to your overall makeup so if you don’t usually make time to enhance and define your eyebrows, try it and it will transform your face, I promise! The GOSH Eyebrow Kit is perfect because it comes with 4 powder shades and a small angle brush, just pop a bit on the brush and run through your brows following your natural shape.
4. Obviously mascara is a must-have and this Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume one is great it really does give your lashes volume and 1 application is enough. This is one I always repurchase every time I run out!
1. This Stila Convertable Colour is a great 2 in 1 product. You can apply it on your cheeks (just pop on the colour and pat, don’t rub, gently with your finger to blend) and also to your lips and I love the range of colours!
2. I really rate the Topshop range of makeup and their Highlighters are to die for! This Topshop Glow Stick highligher crayon is amazing and it blends really well. Just swipe it lightly from the top of your cheekbones up to your browbone (in a C shape) and tap with your index finger to blend. You can also take some on your ring finger and pop it on your inner tear duct area to give you a lovely wide awake look (perfect for busy Mammies!)
1. As I said, no makeup look will be perfected without the right tools so for eyes, I love the Inglot 4ss for blending everything out after you’ve applied your eyeshadow, this is the secret to a professional look in a hurry!
2. I use the NIMA BRUSH “Nichola” brush when I want to apply colour to my crease as its tapered end is perfect and applies the colour exactly where you want it to go.
3. If you’re looking for a basic brush kit, you can’t go wrong with this Real Techniques Basics Kit it has a great angle brush as well as eyeshadow brushes that can be used on powder or cream products.
4. The Blank Canvas G25 powder brush is perfect for dusting setting powder or bronzer all over. If you’re really in a hurry and prefer to use powder blush, you can apply just using the tip as it’s quite a big brush.
So there you go, I hope this was helpful 🙂 If you try it out please let me know here or on any of my social media pages, I’d love to see it.