So I recently signed up to a “Best of Beauty Blog Challenge” with the lovely Samantha from All The Buzz blog. All the bloggers participating got a range of fantastic topics which we will cover every week for the next 8 weeks with topics such as “Hair Heros” or “Makeup Must-haves”. So I’ll basically be sharing my fave products with you all every week. I’m really looking forward to it 🙂
This weeks topic is “Skincare Saviors” and to be honest, it’s one I could go on and on (and on!) about because I have lots of favourites when it comes to skincare products that really transform my skin but I have managed to whittle them down to my absolute all time faves and here they are:
1. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Cream
I am never without this fantastic product, I have a tube of it everywhere I go – in my bag, in work, beside my bed, in my makeup kit for my makeup clients. It’s just a wonder product that really saves your skin, particularly in the winter. It has so many uses but here’s what I like to use it for:
- As a moisturising lipbalm – just slather on and it will really nourish dry flaky lips. Also use this on your lips and then blot off before applying a dark or very matte lipstick and it will just glide on
- As a nail/cuticle nourisher – you just have to massage a tiny bit into the base of each nail and it will help your nails grow strong and take away and hard skin around the nails
- On any dry patches on your skin, just rub some of this on regularly, especially on knees and elbows, and you will be smooth and free from hard dry skin.
- If your baby has dry skin or cradle cap, pop a bit of this on and it’ll really help clear it up and moisturise the area. Plus it’s fragrance free so won’t irritate.
- Dab a tiny bit through your eyebrows (or use on a clean mascara wand) to groom them and give them a healthy natural look
2. Clarins Extra-Comfort Anti-Pollution Cleansing Cream
This is a beautiful skin cleanser that feels so gentle and nourishing on your skin and I love using it in the winter-time. It removes every trace of my makeup, including eye makeup and I find that using the Clarins suction method of removal really works and helps take away all the grime your face might collect during the course of the day (not just makeup!) You basically rub the lotion together in your hands, apply to your face and cup your hands over your face and quickly remove them in a “suction” action then remove with damp cotton wool and there you go, clean skin!
3. Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic
I’ve spoken about this gorgeous skin toner on the blog before, I really am in love with it. It’s alcohol free and removes all the last traces of grime from your skin without drying it out and gets it really clean. Fantastic product.
4. Bia Beauty – Moisturiser
Again for winter skin, you can’t beat this moisturiser from natural Irish skincare company Bia Beauty. It’s super nourishing and really feels like it’s protecting your skin. Plus I love the size of the jar – 100mls – which means it lasts ages.
5. Yonka Gommge Exfoliator
Again, if you’re a regular reader here, you will know this is my “wonder product”. I just love what this does to my skin, it exfoliates using AHA’s to gently strip your skin of dead skin cells and other impurities without drying it out. It renews your skin and gives you a fresh smooth base for your moisturiser or serum to really sink in and do it’s work. Plus you look more radiant and have a perfect base for makeup, what’s not to love there?!
6. Body Shop Shea Butter Bodybutter
I love a good body butter and The Body Shop is ahead of the pack when it comes to the range and quality of nourishing body butters it has. They come in all colours and fragrances but my fave by far is the Shea Butter one. It really moisturises your skin with goodness and helps prevent it from drying out. If you use this after exfoliating your body (it does have a matching exfoliator) your skin will be so smooth, soft and amazingly well moistursed. Plus you’ll smell gorgeous 🙂
So there you have it, my Skincare Saviours. These are more geared towards nourishing your skin in winter but can be used all year round too. If you are on Twitter and looking to check out the other bloggers participating to see what favourites they have, just search the hashtag #BOBBlogChallenge
Also don’t forget to check out Samantha’s blog over at All The Buzz, it really is a great read and she covers all manner of topics, not just beauty & makeup so have a look 🙂
Which products are your skincare saviours that you absolutely cannot live without? Let me know in the comments below and see you next week for more 🙂