I had to review this foundation as it really is one of my favourites both for makeup clients and for myself. This is my “going out” foundation of choice. I love so many things about it:
- It feels light on the skin but gives flawless coverage and you can wear it sheered out (or mixed with a bit of moisturiser) for lighter coverage or build it up for a full coverage.
- It photographs beautifully! This along with my Chanel Vitalumiere is an absolute essential in my kit for my bridal clients or for photoshoots as there is no SPF so it won’t cause flashback and make you look paler than you are.
- The finish is not completely matte, it still gives a lovely sheen to the skin.
- It does a fantastic job of covering skin imperfections with only minimal need for concealer and skin looks absolutely flawless.
- There are 25 shades so you will be well able to find one to suit you.
It is most suited to Oily/Combination skin but if you have some dry patches, you can use it, just be sure to prep the skin well (exfoliate, moisturise and prime with a good primer such as Smashbox Photoready) If you have oilier skin, be sure to set it well with powder, and bring a compact with you for touch-ups as it can appear a little shiny across the T-Zone.
I find it’s best applied a small bit at a time with a stippling or buffing foundation brush rather than a flat one. This gives the most flawless coverage.
If you have very dry skin, I wouldn’t recommend it as it can cling to dehydrated areas. You would be better off using Chanel Vitalumiere as that is great for dry skin.
I did a wedding at the weekend and used the Makeup Forever HD foundation on the bridesmaids so I thought I’d put a pic up of them instead of me since you all must be sick looking at me lol! You can really get a good idea of how the foundation looks from this. I used the shade 127 on Miriam (below) as she was quite dark, it’s similar in colour to MAC NC30.
Also just a note to say that before you buy a foundation, particularly a high end one like this which costs the guts of €40, make sure you get a sample and try it for a few days before you buy it as what suits one person, may not necessarily suit another 🙂
So will you be trying this out or is it already a favourite of yours? Let me know below 🙂